About Realms of Rivalry
In short, Realms of Rivalry is a free semi-realtime/turn-based graphical strategy game where you can play short tactical skirmishes with 2-4 players in a small random-generated game world. The game has been characterised as "chess on steroids".
Realms of Rivalry has many similarities to classic titles like Space Crusade and the X-Com series.
- Community friendly game lobby where you can chat with others and join realms.
- Up to 4 players simultaneously battling on the same realm.
- Players control teams of 3 characters: Warrior, Archer and Mage.
- Time-limited turn-based gameplay.
- Random-generated game worlds (realms).
- CPU controlled monsters.
- Several weapons, armor, traps and other items.
- Occlusion calculation used in combat situations.
- Different types of terrain.
- Buy & sell items at vendors.
- Monster respawning.
- Ingame chat.
- Detailed end-of-game summary panel.
Explore the map and kill creatures to obtain weapons, potions, runes, traps and more to aid you in your quest for domination!
The game development has been very "test-driven" in the sense that the game quickly was made playable and that features and changes were added and removed continuously during development. This hopefully improves gameplay, but of course at the expense of dramatically increased development time ;-)
Realms of rivalry was never intended to "soothe the masses", but were made entirely to match the game that we ourselves would like to play - something we have done for many, many hours :-) But of course, some of you might enjoy this game aswell, and that is why we decided to share it with you!
We made this game in our spare time and have no commercial powers backing us, so we are very grateful for any donations.
Even though we make this game on a voluntary basis, internet connections, servers etc all cost money.
We hope you enjoy our game!